Sunday 28 July 2013

SunnyD and eyeballs












































































If you can't already tell from the pictures above, I'm a little obsessed with orange at the moment. I'm in the habit of buying items coloured as if they should be seen in a SunnyD advert back in '93 which has ultimately made me want to experiment with print and colour more, as well as making me feel rather sunny wearing it! I've gathered some of my most recent tangy purchases for this post above; a bunch of train tickets from trips with friends, a pair of elasticated mid-calf socks from Cos, orange pens from Muji for brighter note taking, the Amsterdam city guide from the travel savvy people of Wallpaper*, and most recently, a cropped shirt from the Dr.Martens x Agyness Deyn collection.

I kind of surprised myself actually when I bought this shirt as I've been quite 'safe' with colour and print etc. Spotting this in the Dr.Martens store, the tangerine and eyeball combination reminded me of something worn in The Fifth Element yet I felt like a cool kid from the 90s buying it surrounded by their miles and miles of patent stompers. The collaboration has been going for a successful 2 years now, with their spring/summer 2013 collection inspired by the Harajuku girls of Tokyo. The collection is a mash up of different trends from the subculture but notably post 80s early 90s punk rock. You can find their current collection here!
(The background for the images is taken from issue 2 of Sheet, the in-house fanzine for Urban Outfitters Europe, by Joe Peter Brown, a Sales Associate and their store in Bath. You can find him and his awesomely ingenious graphics here at joepeterbrown.tumblr.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment