Thursday 1 August 2013

Scrap Book/JULY

Scrap Book is a post I will be featuring every month about what I have been loving/hating/finding awesome/discovering/reading/eating etc etc. I'll try to curate as many of these little snippets as possible, but for now, here's Scrap Book entry número uno for July!


1) Kenzo's FW13 campaign-the images are fronted by model Sean O'Pry and Japanese actress Rinko Kikuchi and the surreal concept of the campaign reminded me of Through the Looking Glass, if Alice was a street-cool Harajuku girl from Tokyo.
2) The Sunken Chip, Paris-this alone has probably made my month; I stumbled upon an article about this little gem on anothermag.com a few days ago and it describes the how's and whys of James Whelan and Michael Greenwold's journey in opening Paris' FIRST fish and chip shop. They are basically my new heroes, with their goal upon arriving in Paris as "To try and set up something together that was a little different to the rest of what was on offer in Paris"
3) Cupro-you can't imagine how difficult it is to actually describe the texture of this material but I'll try my best; it's textured like silk but has the appearance of a suede composition and it's this unconventional quality that has got me hooked.
4) Clipper green tea with lemon-this is basically all I have been drinking these past few weeks and I've got to say it's done my skin some good too, so bonus points for Clipper.
5) Dazed & Condused's '93 'til infinity cover-I wouldn't say this is JUST about the cover; (although it's probably my new favourite) the issue's theme being revolved around the controversial and buzzing year that was 1993 managed to offer a retrospective view on fashion and culture, as well as delving deep into the future.
6) Orange-it's bright, it's zingy and you can wear it. Enough said.
7) Girl, 20 by Kingsley Amis-I'm half way through this novel of an older man's love affairs in the early 70s. It might actually be depressing in its cynicism about human love if it weren't so accurate and so funny most of the time.
8) Frida by photographer Omar Viktor Diop.-I annoyingly can't actually remember where I first saw this but I love the inspiration for the series of iconic moments in French and American film.
9) Ask the Missus-these Uranus brogues are just the ticket for adding colour to an autumn pallet but also serve just as well in the summer. Despite being a menswear shoe brand I seriously need to invest in a pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment