Saturday 2 March 2013

Short hair and Vogue






































Sweater: Jil Sander
Shorts: Vintage
Plastic raincoat: Topshop

When a woman cuts her hair...
"…it’s time for a change. Change is a funny thing; it can transform not only one’s physical appearance to perhaps something more empowering and elaborate, but can completely renovate that person’s embodiment of their persona into a new, exciting and wonderful being. Extravagant changes are part of human nature, we will simply never be satisfied with being ‘ordinary’ or ‘plain’ but strive to embody every eccentric on this planet until our locks run fuchsia and every inch of our skeleton is inked. It’s an unconventional arms-race which will be won by those who do stick out like a sore thumb, those who are not afraid of neon plaid or floor length cobalt braids á la Brooke Candy..."
This is a short extract from one of my 500 word entries for the Vogue Young Writers Talent Contest which I am planning to enter this year. The thought of exremely important people reading my somewhat mediocre writing really scares me, but this is such a fanstastic and thrilling opportunity as an aspirational editor, I just hope the Gods are on my side! (I think what I wrote above pretty much sums up why I got my hair cut!)

No comments:

Post a Comment