Saturday 23 February 2013

Origami

 
Grey: Cos
Bone: Jil Sander FW12
 
Quintessentially folded perfection. I have been wearing the same camel wool car-coat for 3 years now and it saddens me to say it is high-time to reinvest, baring in mind we get sight of the sun here in Britain once every leap-year. Ever since I was small I have always found a silent pleasure in creating a mish-mash of paper cranes, butterflies, dinosaurs(!) you name it; this year I have been revolving around that paper-cut minimalism watched by millions on the runway of Jil Sander's FW12 finale. It may seem very faux pas to many of the trend following warriors roaming the nation that I would still be fawning over Raf Simon's final collection IN SPRING 2013; but to me it was a moment in fashion history that will remain quitely bespoke and legendary in it's own right.

Of course we can not forget the elusive Martin Margiela in crafting his Parisian plastic wonderland for spring 2013; architectual square-cut shapes adorned the runway reminding us of the house's identity in quietly serene pallets, allowing us to appreciate shape and form in 13 minutes of over-pronounced cocoons. But that is, to me, what is so iconic and memorable about Margiela-proportions are always being played with, giving you that elusivity when wearing a Mariela gown. And as we all know, the invisible are the most stylish.







No comments:

Post a Comment